Hi J - Happy Year of the Snake. (Doh, correction, I was a year behind.)
I was logistically challenged on Saturday. I finished prep in the morning but unfortunately could not start cooking until almost 7pm. Yikes. I hope the snack of preserved duck egg (a.k.a. Century egg wikipedia link) took the edge off your hunger, one way or another. Or perhaps I should have shortcut to Wanchai Ferry meals.
Ah. I was starving when we sat down to eat. And oops. I failed to notice the rice was a little cool.
On the menu
- Tomato beef with crispy noodles, loosely followed this recipe
- Sweet and sour pork, also consulted one of my Chinese cookbook
- Braised tofu, served on top of crispy tofu
- Garlic string beans, with Chinese sausage
- Mango pudding, made with canned Alfonso Mango puree, so tasty
Tomato beef with crispy noodle is easily one of my favorite dish. I think I always order it when I am at the Regents Bakery. The only change from the recipe was to caramelize the onions. I was worried about the egg noodles. They took a long time to crisp up but they turned out ok. The Chinese sausage, I threw in for N.
After late dinner, we only managed a game of Catan. You won, yay!
Happy New Year and see you soon.